Regional Conference for Substance Use Disorder
The Behavioral Health Wellness Environments for Living and Learning (BH WELL) research team will be speaking at the Regional Conference for Substance Use Disorder held in London, Kentucky at the London Community Center May 12, 2023. This event is presented by the Laurel County Health in Motion Coalition.
Per the Southern Kentucky Area Health Education Center website, this event exists to
- Describe the public health impact of addiction and the response of how Kentucky and communities are dealing with it.
- Increase the understanding of how stigma and bias effects an individual and confronting and treating the harmful effects of stigma.
- Discuss the health effects of vaping and identify the risk factors that impact youth tobacco use, including mental health disparities and peer pressure.
- Discuss the response to the opioid crisis, including collaborative community engagement beyond addiction.
- Discuss the benefits of incorporating tobacco treatment in recovery for people living with mental and behavioral health challenges.
- Discuss post treatment resources available to increase the success of long-term recovery.
- Identify recovery capital components and how a recovery capital lens can be integrated into treatment programs.
The target audience of this event is Physicians, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Nursing Home Administrators, Alcohol and Drug Counselors, Professional Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, and Marriage and Family Therapists. Continuing Education hours are available. A maximum of 6 hours credit will be awarded on a per lecture basis.