Awareness about the importance of youth mental health throughout the developmental years is important. Here are a few free resources that can empower youth to live their best lives!
- Have fun while you learn more about how you can be well with coloring books.
- Check out our research-based comic books on topics like nicotine addiction, ADHD, PTSD, substance use disorder, and more.
- Learn about a prescription to rest.
- Find tips to stop smoking.
- Learn about eating disorders.
- Navigate seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
- Learn how to manage anxiety with Can Anxiety Be Turned Off Like A Light Switch?.
While resources such as fun educational videos and comic or coloring books can be helpful, it is important to seek mental health care when needed. Youth, who seek mental health services, do so most often for feelings of depression, thinking of or attempting suicide, or because of problems at home or with family. There are many youth experiencing a mental or behavioral health challenge without mental health services or support. If you or a youth you know is experiencing a mental or behavioral health challenge, there is hope! Call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or dial 988. You can also call the National Mental Health Hotline at 1-866-903-3787. For suicide prevention, call 800-273-TALK (8255) or call the 24-hour National Suicide Crisis Hotline at 800-SUICIDE.
The Behavioral Health Wellness Environments for Living and Learning (BH WELL) research team exists to promote behavioral health and wellness among individuals facing behavioral health challenges. Click here for more information about BH WELL. Follow us on social media.